Freakin' Social Distortion - Let's talk about punk

12:54

People keep asking ''But why...it's only angry screaming?'' , ''What can you know about those issues they song about?'' , ''Isn't it nicer to listen to something more...positive?'' or say ''This music is stupid...''

But maybe there is a reason for that anger, for all this aggressive shouting and screaming into a microphone. And maybe I have a reason to listen to this. Maybe it helps me express the feelings I can't word as good as I would like to.


Punk is something different, punk is honest, punk expresses what media doesn't, it lets you open your eyes and see the world from a new perspective.

Personally, when I listen to it I feel free, I feel the energy rushing through my veins. It makes me happy.
Second great thing is the subculture and the community. You won't find greater people to have intellectual conversations with than punks (yes, not all of us are dirty, homeless, brainless low lives). A lot of time they are very non-judgmental (unless you happen to hang out with Nazis...Nazi Punks Fuck Off!).


I can't really express the music and the feeling it gives well enough so I will leave it to you to check out yourself (even if you are into entirely different kind of music you can still give it a go and in the worst case just turn it off :p ).
So here are some of my essentials you can check out:


------------------------------------------

What music do you listen to guys & why? Let me know in the comments below :)






You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Hey, fantastic note! I love alternative rock <3 But punk is also great!

    I'm following <3 Visit my polish/english blog <3
    annemcosplay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you & I'm already a fan of your blog! x

      Delete
  2. OMG! Punk have a great style, Especially their clothes. Thanks for post this. Btw, I’m inviting you to join my giveaway, you can win Kawaii Box . If you want to support each other by follow on GFC, Let me know you follow me! I'll follow back asap! ^^

    Love xx
    Official Seol ♥ || GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, I do not listen to punk often, but these songs are just amazing! :D

    Maybe we could follow each other via GFC? Let me know on my blog! :)
    Hello, my name is Ev

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like punk. But I like how everything you've described. Great post <3
    Littleredcherrysmile click

    ReplyDelete